March 03, 2004

Classmates, Part II

Cul is right about not bothering with Classmates.com. I know this. There is literally one person from my graduating high school class that I speak to on what could even remotely be considered a regular basis. I went to a very small school and graduated with 23 people (25 if you count the fetuses). Once I left town and figured out who I was, I pretty much dropped contact with everyone but that one person. I realized that I had for years only been friends with most of those people because I thought I had to be. Its a small town--you know everyone and are therefore friends, right? Wrong. Looking back, I didn't have much in common with any of them, and I can't imagine why I'd have any more in common with them 12 years after graduation.

So...the hell with it!