April 14, 2005

This was Fun

During the outage, I received a very entertaining e-mail regarding this site. Ages ago, I posted about a greedy E-bay user hogging up a bunch of shirts, one of which I was hoping to buy. And in that post, I listed that person's E-bay user name (christinemurray) and said she should rot in hell. So that's the back-story. Here's the e-mail:

hi, my name is christine murray. i am NOT the ebay user that you told to rot in hell. however, that is my name and i am extremely insulted by your comments.

my mother looked up my name on a search, and all she found was someone telling me to rot in hell.

thanks a lot. i hope a long lost friend doesn't try to find me and sees your nasty blog.

christine murray


So I realized that I totally need to print a quasi-retraction here. Any Christine Murrays out there who are not the E-bay user by that name, I do not want you to rot in hell. If, however, you are the one who sent me that e-mail, I'd like to state for the official internet record that I think you are a total wanker. What kind of goombaw would waste their time sending an e-mail out to someone they don't know about something that had nothing to do with them in the first place? Also (officially), if you are one of this person's "long lost friends," maybe this kind of looniness is why you got yourself lost in the first place, eh? And finally, if the only thing this person's mom could find on her name was that post, maybe she should get herself her OWN BLOG where she can say WHATEVER SHE DAMN WELL PLEASES.