April 06, 2004

Oh Boy, More Pain

So I've been riding the new bike lately. My plan has been to ride it to work several days a week, and then maybe do some longer rides every now and then.

I started getting a neck ache yesterday. I got home from work and sat in the recliner for a while with a hot rice bag on it. By about 6:00, I couldn't move my neck more than a degree or two to the left. I made an emergency call to the chiropractor this morning and he got me in at 10:15. Turns out I'm not properly evolved for bike riding or something. According to him, my chin raises at an improper angle due to the low position the handlebar placement puts my shoulders in.

I suggested to Matt that we put ape-hanger handlebars on his new mountain bike. That went over like a fart in a space suit. Looks like I'm outta commission for bike riding.

So do any of you have opinons about chiropractic care? Seems to me like I'm in more pain nowadays than I was when I first started getting treatment. Thoughts?