April 07, 2004

Pushing My Buttons

I was talking to my crazy father today and I asked him how long he'd been dealing with his own neck and back pain. He said it had been about 35 years; he was evidently in a car accident and the rest is history. I was in a wreck in 1997, and I suspect that is the root of all my problems. (For those in the Boise area, I was leaving my apartment in Eagle and blew a stop sign at the intersection of the apartment road and State Street. I was T-boned by a full-size Chevy. Entirely my fault.)

Anyway, I was talking to Dad and he offered to make me an appointment at his acupressurist. Evidently, (and these are pertinent details in my father's eyes) the guy is full-blooded Cherokee, he's 6'7, and weighs all of about 170 pounds. I know that I will not be able to come up with an adequate mental picture of this guy, but I will definitely be more in-the-know a week from Saturday. I'm willing to try anything. I guess he has you lay down on a rug on your back, then he reaches underneath your shoulders and starts resting your body weight on certain pressure points. Interesting, wot? If this doesn't work, I'm going to a voodoo priestess.